Design Charette- visioning Nov 2-4, 2018
Arrive Friday evening to discuss design process. Saturday & Sunday we will walk the land together (prepare for rain!) and discuss our designs. Join landscape designer Seth Henry, tiny house builder Jan Shuster, author/solutionist Mariette Papic and others on the Board for this special occasion.
“You can’t move towards a destination unless you know where it is.” – Jan
How can we become a demonstration site for regenerative community practices? Where can we drawdown and improve our systems for approaching Zero Waste, Zero carbon emissions and efficient energy and water use?
Some suggestions we are invited to consider as we lay out a course toward shared prosperity here:
• orchard / herb gardens / vegetable gardens
• apothecary / herb drying / food processing area
• art trail
• performance spaces
• plein air and indoor studio spaces
• dome classroom
• camping facilitation / water systems
• outdoor kitchen / compost toilet
• bicycle shop / rental areas
• film screening area
• media production studio
• library café
• hospitality / traveler accommodations
• residence spaces / faculty
• mixed use green houses
• other types of integrated growing mixed use architecture
• whatever else you can dream!